- Categories: Sod
Tifway II Overseed
Tifway II bermuda has the shortest winter dormancy of all hybrid bermudas, staying green longer into the fall and greening up earlier in the spring. It is the best bermuda for coastal California. With its great durability, beautiful dark-green color, and recuperative abilities, Tifway II is a top performer on golf courses and sports fields. Like all our hybrid bermudas, Tifway II is a drought tolerant grass, and requires very little water compared to cool season grasses like fescue.
- Top ranked in overall quality studies of bermudagrass cultivars conducted by the National Turfgrass Evaluation Program.
- Resistant to sting, root knot, and ring nematodes.
- Shortest dormancy period of all bermudas.
- Recovers quickly from injury with vigorous, dense growth habit.
- Tolerant of heat, poor water quality, heavy foot traffic, and drought.
- Stiff leaf blades creates excellent lie for golf balls.
- Tolerant of close mowing.