- Categories: Sod
Performance Tall Fescue is a true turf-type tall fescue. It has a moderate growth habit and a dark green pleasing look. Tall Fescue is preferred by landscapers throughout San Diego County. Performance Tall Fescue is bred for low maintenance performance and remains a good choice for homeowners. Performance Tall Fescue requires at least six hours of direct sun per day and should be mowed to a height of 2.5 inches. Performance Tall Fescue is comparable to Marathon™ and Medallion™.
- Beautiful dark-green
- Medium texture
- Provides year-round green in the Southwest
- Deep root system ensures drought and heat tolerance
- Good drought recovery
- Excellent adaptability and can thrive in a wide range of soil types
- Tolerant of saline soils and saline irrigation water
- Once established, provides superior wear tolerance
- Dense growth habit makes it highly resistant to disease
- Natural dark-green color means less nitrogen is required
- Slower growing
- Will recover from wear
- Seed available for repairs
- Thrives in cool to warm climates, USDA zones 3 to 9.
- Moderately shade tolerant, requires full sun most of the day.
- 1” to 3” with a rotary mower