- Categories: Sod
West Coast Native Bentgrass - Agrostis Pallens
California native grasses are playing a large role in landscaping with water conservative plants. They are becoming the popular choice for lawns, landscapes, golf courses, and parks.
West Coast Native Bentgrass (Agrostis pallens) is a cool-season bent grass. It can be mowed or left to flop, creating the look of a natural, informal meadow. When left in its natural state, it can require half the water of customary turf half the mowing and maintenance, and will be a medium green color. When mowed and fertilized regularly, it takes on a more traditional manicured look with a darker green color.
California native grass lawns offer an exciting new choice when it comes to having a beautiful lawn and being environmentally responsible.
- Withstands close mowing heights of 1″ or can be left un-mowed
- Thrives in both full sun and partial shade
- Extremely drought tolerant
- Excellent wear recovery due to self repairing rhizomes
- Coastal and cooler climates
- Medium leaf blade
- Can tolerate low mowing heights or left un-mowed
- Available in regular 16″ x 46″ 8 sq. ft. or 24″ x 60″ 10 sq. ft. rolls, and 42″ x 105″ big rolls